A disciplined conscience is a man’s best friend. — It may not be his most amiable, but it is his most faithful monitor.
A great idea is usually original to more than one discoverer. Great ideas come when the world needs them. They surround the world’s ignorance and press for admission.
Topics: Ideas, Originality
Vigilance in watching opportunity; tact and daring in seizing upon opportunity; force and persistence in crowding opportunity to its utmost of possible achievement — these are the martial virtues which must command success.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Frederick Buechner American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Maltbie Davenport Babcock American Presbyterian Clergyman
- William Sloane Coffin American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Theodore L. Cuyler American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Thomas De Witt Talmage American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Francis Schaeffer American Presbyterian Religious Leader
- Archibald Alexander Hodge American Presbyterian Theologian
- William J. H. Boetcker American Presbyterian Religious Leader
- Samuel Rutherford Scottish Presbyterian Theologian
- John Lancaster Spalding American Catholic Clergyman