The word “romance,” according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.”
America is said to have the highest per capita boredom of any spot on earth! We know that because we have the greatest number of artificial amusements of any country.
People have become so empty that they can’t even entertain themselves. They have to pay other people to amuse them, to make them laugh, to try to make them feel warm and happy and comfortable for a few minutes, to try to lose that awful, frightening, hollow feeling–that terrible, dreaded feeling of being lost and alone.
A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable.
A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.
Christians should never fail to sense the operation of an angelic glory. It forever eclipses the world of demonic powers, as the sun does a candle’s light.
Man has always been dexterous at confusing evil with good. That was Adam’s and Eve’s problem, and it is our problem today. If evil were not made to appear attractive, there would be no such thing as temptation.
America’s founding fathers did not intend to take religion out of education. Many of the nation’s greatest universities were founded by evangelists and religious leaders; but many of these have lost the founders concept and become secular institutions. Because of this attitude, secular education is stumbling and floundering.
The men who followed Him were unique in their generation. They turned the world upside down because their hearts had been turned right side up. The world has never been the same.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Fulton J. Sheen American Catholic Religious Leader
- Gordon B. Hinckley American Mormon Religious Leader
- Dwight L. Moody Christian Religious Leader
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader
- Pope John Paul II Polish Catholic Religious Leader
- L. Ron Hubbard American Scientologist Religious Leader
- Horatio Dresser American New Thought Religious Leader
- Mary Baker Eddy American Christian Science Religious Leader
- Malcolm X American Civil Rights Leader
- Ezra Taft Benson American Mormon Religious Leader