In such a regime, I say, you died a good death if your life had inspired someone to ome forward and shoot your murderer in the chest — without asking to be paid.
Contradictions if well understood and managed can spark off the fires of invention. Orthodoxy whether of the right or of the left is the graveyard of creativity.
A man who makes trouble for others is also making trouble for himself.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- V. S. Naipaul Trinidadian-British Writer
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Leonard Cohen Canadian Musician, Author
- Rudyard Kipling British Children’s Books Writer
- Philip Larkin English Poet
- Lawrence Durrell British Biographer
- Thomas Hardy English Novelist, Poet
- Gunter Grass German Novelist, Poet
- Arnold Bennett British Novelist