The shadow disguises itself in our projections, when we react intensely to a trait in others that we fail to see in ourselves.
Each of us wrestles with the dark giant in our own way.
Unconscious of your story, you are in its grasp; but with consciousness, an alchemical process begins: The solidity of the complex dissolves and you can open up to the arrival of a new archetype, the birth of a new cycle of life. In the shadow, then, lies our myth and our fate.
Once you uncover the history of this pattern and trace its roots, you will see that your reaction in the present moment is really a reaction from the past, a shadow character’s attempt to protect you from reexperiencing an old emotional wound, which instead sabotages you in the present.
Topics: Action, History, Character, Past
- Scudder Parker American Minister
- Thomas Starr King American Unitarian Minister
- Thomas Wentworth Higginson American Unitarian Minister
- Russell Conwell American Baptist Minister
- Benjamin Mays American Minister
- Charles L. Allen American Methodist Minister
- Charles Sheldon American Christian Minister
- George Boardman American Baptist Minister
- Pauline Phillips (Abigail van Buren) American Columnist
- George Will American Columnist