The goodbyes we speak and the goodbyes we hear are the good byes that tell us we’re still alive.
Because the hardest boss a man can ever have is himself.
It didn’t occur to me until later that there’s another truth, very simple: greed in a good cause is still greed.
College was for people who didn’t know they were smart.
We make up horrors to cope with real ones.
Fault always lies in the same place: with him weak enough to lay blame.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Ray Bradbury American Science-Fiction Writer
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni Indian-born American Novelist
- Anita Loos American Actor
- Bernard Malamud American Novelist
- John Steinbeck American Novelist
- John D. MacDonald American Novelist
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- F. Scott Fitzgerald American Novelist
- Michael Crichton American Novelist