The Good Book — one of the most remarkable euphemisms ever copied.
The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming, and what one has in fact become.
The doctor has been taught to be interested not in health but in disease. What the public is taught is that health is the cure for disease.
The only measure of what you believe is what you do. If you want to know what people believe, don’t read what they write, don’t ask them what they believe, just observe what they do.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist
- W. Edwards Deming American Statistician
- John Ciardi American Poet
- Benjamin Disraeli British Head of State
- Israel Zangwill British Humorist
- Arthur Wing Pinero English Actor
- Steven Pinker Canadian Psychologist
- Howard Gardner American Psychologist
- John Kenneth Galbraith American Economist
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster