The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament.
Our only business is to love and delight ourselves in God.
We must do our business faithfully, without trouble or disquiet, recalling our mind to God mildly, and with tranquility, as often as we find it wandering from him.
Topics: Faithfulness, Marriage
- Matthieu Ricard French Buddhist Monk
- Stanislas de Boufflers French Political leader
- Georges Bataille French Philosopher
- Alphonse de Lamartine French Writer
- Blaise Pascal French Catholic Mathematician
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- Francis de Sales French Catholic Saint
- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin French Jesuit Philosopher
- Vincent de Paul French Catholic Saint
- Jules Renard French Novelist