There comes a time when soft power or talking with evil will not work where, unfortunately, hard power is the only thing that works.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.
Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.
Leadership is the art of accomplishing more than the science of management says is possible.
Every organization should tolerate rebels who tell the emperor he has no clothes.
The healthiest competition occurs when average people win by putting in above-average effort.
Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf American Military Leader
- Eric Shinseki American Military Leader
- Omar Bradley American Military Leader
- George S. Patton American Military Leader
- George Marshall American Military Leader
- Douglas MacArthur American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Military Leader
- Robert S. Johnson American Military Leader
- William Tecumseh Sherman American Military General
- Robert E. Lee American Military Leader