Philanthropy is involved with basic innovations that transform society, not simply maintaining the status quo or filling basic social needs that were formerly the province of the public sector.
One cannot expect to coast along and rise automatically to the top, no matter what friends you may have in the company. There may have been a time when, in large corporations, a person could rise simply because he had a stock interest or because he had friends in top management. That’s not true today. Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were.
I think of art as the highest level of creativity. To me, it is one of the greatest sources of enjoyment.
- John D. Rockefeller, Jr. American Philanthropist
- John D. Rockefeller III American Philanthropist
- J. P. Morgan American Financier, Philanthropist
- Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy American Philanthropist
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- John D. Rockefeller American Industrialist, Philanthropist
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- W. Clement Stone American Businessperson
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director