I leave this rule for others when I’m dead: Be always sure you’re right — THEN GO AHEAD!
I am now here in Congress I am at liberty to vote as my conscience and judgment dictates to be right, without the yoke of any party on me, or the driver at my heels, with his whip in hand, commanding me to ge-wo-haw, just at his pleasure.
We have rights, as individuals, to give as much of our own money as we please to charity; but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar of public money
I leave this rule for others when I’m dead: Be always sure you’re right—THEN GO AHEAD!
- Andrew Jackson American Head of State
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- William McKinley American Head of State
- Elvis Presley American Musician
- Carrie Fisher
- Benjamin Harrison American Political leader
- Benjamin Franklin American Founding Father, Inventor
- Charles Henry Parkhurst American Clergyman
- Henry Clay American Politician
- John Muir Scottish-born American Naturalist