I leave this rule for others when I’m dead: Be always sure you’re right—THEN GO AHEAD!
I am now here in Congress I am at liberty to vote as my conscience and judgment dictates to be right, without the yoke of any party on me, or the driver at my heels, with his whip in hand, commanding me to ge-wo-haw, just at his pleasure.
We have rights, as individuals, to give as much of our own money as we please to charity; but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar of public money
I leave this rule for others when I’m dead: Be always sure you’re right — THEN GO AHEAD!
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Andrew Jackson American Head of State
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- Al Gore American Politician, Environmentalist
- Elvis Presley American Musician
- Benjamin Harrison American Political leader
- William McKinley American Head of State
- Carrie Fisher American Actress
- Burt Reynolds American Actor
- John McCain American Politician
- Benjamin Franklin American Founding Father, Inventor