Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of the pleasures; costs nothing and conveys much. It pleases him who gives and him who receives, and thus, like mercy, is twice blessed.
Topics: Friendship, Manners
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Lucy Maud Montgomery Canadian Novelist, Children’s Writer
- Thomas Chandler Haliburton Canadian Author
- Joseph Alfred Ernest Roy Canadian Lawyer
- Robertson Davies Canada Journalist
- Jim Carrey Canadian Actor
- Margaret Laurence Canadian Novelist
- Grenville Kleiser Canadian Author
- John Howe Canadian Artist
- Albert Benjamin Simpson Canadian Protestant Preacher