Our conscious motivations, ideas, and beliefs are a blend of false information, biases, irrational passions, rationalizations, prejudices, in which morsels of truth swim around and give the reassurance albeit false, that the whole mixture is real and true. The thinking processes attempt to organize this whole cesspool of illusions according to the laws of plausibility. This level of consciousness is supposed to reflect reality; it is the map we use for organizing our life.
A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul.
Integrity simply means a willingness not to violate one’s identity.
Man’s main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is. The most important product of his effort is his own personality.
The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that men may become robots.
You have to stop in order to change direction.
The lack of objectivity, as far as foreign nations are concerned, is notorious. From one day to another, another nation is made out to be utterly depraved and fiendish, while ones own nation stands for everything that is good and noble. Every action of the enemy is judged by one standardevery action of oneself by another. Even good deeds by the enemy are considered a sign of particular devilishness, meant to deceive us and the world, while our bad deeds are necessary and justified by our noble goals which they serve.
Only the person who has faith in himself is able to be faithful to others.
- Erik Erikson German-American Psychologist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Hannah Arendt German Political Theorist
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Abraham Maslow American Psychologist
- Carl Rogers American Psychologist
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German Poet
- Howard Gardner American Psychologist
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Anne Frank German Holocaust Victim