You take a number of small steps which you believe are right, thinking maybe tomorrow somebody will treat this as a dangerous provocation. And then you wait. If there is no reaction, you take another step: courage is only an accumulation of small steps.
Topics: Bravery, Courage
Many people feel empty, a world that seemed so strong just collapsed. Forty years have been wasted on stupid strife for the sake of an unsuccessful experiment. The values gathered together have vanished, the strategies for survival have become ridiculous. And so forty years of our lives have become a story, a bad anecdote. But it may be possible to remember these adventures with a kind of irony.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Franz Kafka Austrian Novelist
- Arthur Koestler British Writer, Journalist
- George Soros Hungarian-American Investor
- Harry Houdini Hungarian-born American Magician
- Elie Wiesel Romanian-born American Writer
- Stephen Samuel Wise American Jewish Rabbi
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Hungarian-born Film Actress
- Jean de La Bruyere French Author
- Stendhal (Marie-Henri Beyle) French Writer
- Guy Debord French Philosopher