Whatever you do, don’t play it safe. Don’t do things the way they’ve always been done. Don’t try to fit the system. If you do what’s expected of you, you’ll never accomplish more than others expect.
When you really believe—in yourself, in your dream—you just have to do everything you possibly can to take control and make your vision a reality. No great achievement happens by luck.
People want to be part of something larger than themselves. They want to be part of something they’re really proud of, that they’ll fight for, sacrifice for, that they trust.
It’s one thing to dream, but when the moment is right, you’ve got to be willing to leave what’s familiar and go out to find your own sound.
If you want to build a great enterprise, you have to have the courage to dream great dreams. If you dream small dreams, you may succeed in building something small. For many people, that is enough. But if you want to achieve widespread impact and lasting value, be bold.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Donald Trump American Businessperson, Head of State
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- David Rockefeller American Businessman, Philanthropist
- Emma Goldman American Anarchist
- Charlie Munger American Investor, Philanthropist
- Ray Dalio American Investor
- Sanford I. Weill American Financier, Philanthropist
- Peter Thiel American Entrepreneur
- Jane Fonda American Actress
- Julianne Moore American Actor