Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes and I am left the same. The more things change the more I am the same. I am what I started with, and when it is all over I will be all that is left of me.
Topics: Self-Discovery, Living, Change
Being myself includes taking risks with myself, taking risks on new behavior, trying new ways of ‘being myself’, so that I can see who it is I want to be.
I sometimes react to making a mistake as if I have betrayed myself. My fear of making a mistake seems to be based on the hidden assumption that I am potentially perfect and that if I can just be very careful I will not fall from heaven. But a ‘mistake’ is a declaration of the way I am, a jolt to the way I intend, a reminder I am not dealing with the facts. When I have listened to my mistakes I have grown.
Topics: Betrayal, Mistakes, Failures, Difficulties, Adversity
Boredom is useful to me when I notice it and think: Oh I’m bored; there must be something else I want to be doing … boredom acts as an initiator of originality by pushing me into new activities or new thoughts.
- Max Lucado American Christian Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- George MacDonald Scottish Christian Author
- Lewis B. Smedes American Christian Author
- Thomas Browne English Christian Author
- Charles Sheldon American Christian Minister
- John C. Maxwell American Christian Professional Speaker
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader