Happiness is a present attitude–not a future condition.
Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes and I am left the same. The more things change the more I am the same. I am what I started with, and when it is all over I will be all that is left of me.
Topics: Change, Living, Self-Discovery
I sometimes react to making a mistake as if I have betrayed myself. My fear of making a mistake seems to be based on the hidden assumption that I am potentially perfect and that if I can just be very careful I will not fall from heaven. But a ‘mistake’ is a declaration of the way I am, a jolt to the way I intend, a reminder I am not dealing with the facts. When I have listened to my mistakes I have grown.
Topics: Adversity, Difficulties, Failures, Mistakes, Betrayal
Why choose to be right instead of happy when there is no way to be right?
Being myself includes taking risks with myself, taking risks on new behavior, trying new ways of ‘being myself’, so that I can see who it is I want to be.
Boredom is useful to me when I notice it and think: Oh I’m bored; there must be something else I want to be doing … boredom acts as an initiator of originality by pushing me into new activities or new thoughts.
- Max Lucado American Christian Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- George MacDonald Scottish Christian Author
- Lewis B. Smedes American Christian Author
- Thomas Browne English Christian Author
- Charles Sheldon American Christian Minister
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- John C. Maxwell American Christian Professional Speaker
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader