The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless. — Not being able to enlarge the one, let us contract the other; for it is from their difference that all the evils arise which render us unhappy.
Topics: Reality, Imagination
Yes, if the life and death of Socrates are those of a wise man, the life and death of Jesus are those of a god.
The mind grows narrow in proportion as the soul grows corrupt.
Every person has a right to risk their own life for the preservation of it.
Cities are the abyss of the human species.
Happiness: A good bank account, a good cook, and a good digestion.
- Henri Frederic Amiel Swiss Philosopher, Writer
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Carl Gustav Jung Swiss Psychologist
- Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi Swiss Educator
- Denis Diderot French Philosopher
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director
- Hermann Hesse German-born Swiss Poet
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Karl Barth Swiss Reformed Theologian
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher