Yes, if the life and death of Socrates are those of a wise man, the life and death of Jesus are those of a god.
The thirst after happiness is never extinguished in the heart of a man.
The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless.
The mind grows narrow in proportion as the soul grows corrupt.
Happiness: A good bank account, a good cook, and a good digestion.
Cities are the abyss of the human species.
Every person has a right to risk their own life for the preservation of it.
People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little.
- Henri Frederic Amiel Swiss Philosopher
- Voltaire French Philosopher
- Carl Jung Swiss Psychologist
- Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi Swiss Educator
- Denis Diderot French Philosopher
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director
- Hermann Hesse German-born Swiss Poet
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Karl Barth Swiss Reformed Theologian
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher