The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse.
It’s not how old you are, it’s how you are old.
If I were to begin life again,
I should want it as it was.
I would only open my eyes a little more.
- Guy de Maupassant French Short-story Writer
- Jean Giono French Novelist
- Gustave Flaubert French Novelist
- Jean Cocteau French Poet
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Remy de Gourmont French Poet
- Andre Gide French Novelist
- Michel Houellebecq French Novelist
- Anatole France French Novelist
- Marcel Proust French Novelist