Poets are like proverbs: you can always find one to contradict another.
The sole pre-occupation of this learned society was the destruction of humanity for philanthropic reasons and the perfection of weapons as instruments of civilization.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Emile Zola French Novelist
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- Colette French Novelist, Performer
- Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand French Writer, Statesman
- Milan Kundera Czech Novelist
- Jean Giraudoux French Novelist, Playwright
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery French Novelist, Aviator
- Alexandre Dumas fils French Dramatist, Novelist