I confidently predict the collapse of capitalism and the beginning of history. Something will go wrong in the machinery that converts money into money, the banking system will collapse totally, and we will be left having to barter to stay alive. Those who can dig in their garden will have a better chance than the rest. I’ll be all right; I’ve got a few veg.
Topics: Twentieth Century
The human mind can bear plenty of reality, but not too much unintermittent gloom.
- Iris Murdoch English Novelist
- Lawrence Durrell British Biographer
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- E. M. Forster English Novelist
- J. G. Ballard English Novelist
- Gladys Bronwyn Stern British Novelist
- Graham Greene British Novelist
- Lytton Strachey British Biographer
- D. H. Lawrence English Novelist
- George Gissing English Novelist