For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every sky has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously.
Topics: Courage, Bravery, Weather
Honest winter, snow clad and with the frosted beard, I can welcome not uncordially; but that long deferment of the calendar’s promise, that weeping loom of March and April, that bitter blast outraging the honor of May — how often has it robbed me of heart and hope.
It is familiarity with life that makes time speed quickly. When every day is a step in the unknown, as for children, the days are long with gathering of experience.
Topics: Time Management
- William Makepeace Thackeray English Novelist
- Anthony Trollope English Novelist
- E. M. Forster English Novelist
- J. G. Ballard English Novelist
- Jeanette Winterson English Novelist
- Margaret Drabble English Novelist
- D. H. Lawrence English Novelist
- Samuel Richardson English Novelist
- Pamela Hansford Johnson English Novelist
- Jane Austen English Novelist