The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another.
There is a brilliant child locked inside every student
Mr. Meant-to has a friend, his name is Didn’t-Do. Have you met them? They live together in a house called Never-Win. And I am told that it is haunted by the Ghost of Might-have-Been.
Topics: The Past, Past
I am a teacher. A teacher is someone who leads. There is no magic here. I do not walk on water, I do not part the sea. I just love children.
The good teacher makes the poor student good and the good student superior. When our students fail, we as teachers have failed.
- Theodore Hesburgh American Catholic Educator
- Robert H. Shaffer American Educator
- Horace Mann American Educator
- Mortimer J. Adler American Philosopher, Educator
- Alfred Whitney Griswold American Historian, Educator
- Frank Moore Colby American Educator
- Arthur Sherburne Hardy American Engineer, Educator
- E. Merrill Root American Educator
- Booker T. Washington American Educator
- Charles William Eliot American Educator