My basic principle is that you don’t make decisions because they are easy; you don’t make them because they are cheap; you don’t make them because they’re popular; you make them because they’re right.
The very essence of leadership is [that] you have a vision. It’s got to be a vision you articulate clearly and forcefully on every occasion. You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet.
Topics: Leaders, Leadership, Vision
Voting is a civic sacrament.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Lancaster Spalding American Catholic Clergyman
- Fulton J. Sheen American Catholic Religious Leader
- James Gibbons American Catholic Religious Leader
- Mother Teresa Roman Catholic Nun
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest
- Marva Collins American Educator
- Robert H. Shaffer American Educator
- Pope John Paul II Polish Catholic Religious Leader
- Francis de Sales French Catholic Saint
- John Henry Newman British Theologian, Poet