Human rights are not a luxury, or something to be observed if they don’t conflict with some other priority, like peace or economic development. They are instead the key to achieving those things and anything else of urgent importance to the world.
—Robert L. Bernstein
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Thomas Keating American Trappist Monk
- Anthony Bourdain American Chef, TV Personality
- Mario Puzo American Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist
- Philip Roth American Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Henry Kissinger American Diplomat
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer
- Norman Cousins American Journalist