Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.
Topics: Action, Accomplishment
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
I failed my way to success.
The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.
Many of life’s failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
There ain’t no rules around here.|We’re trying to accomplish something.|There’s a way to do it better — find it.
Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
Topics: Adversity, Difficulties, Failure, Satisfaction, Progress
Time is really the only capital that any human being has, and the only thing he can’t afford to lose.
Genius is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration.
Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.
Topics: Persistence, Perseverance, Virtues, Ideas
- Charles F. Kettering American Inventor
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Robert H. Goddard American Inventor
- Soichiro Honda Japanese Inventor
- Friedrich Koenig German Inventor
- Pierre Beaumarchais French Inventor
- Walt Disney American Entrepreneur
- George Washington Carver American Scientist
- An Wang Chinese-born American Engineer
- Benjamin Franklin American Political leader