The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity … and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.
Topics: Nature, Imagination
No bird soars too high if he soars on his own wings.
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
Gratitude is heaven itself.
What is now proven was once only imagined.
For Mercy has a human heart|Pity, a human face:|And Love, the human form divine,|And Peace, the human dress.|Then every man of every clime,|That prays in his distress,|Prays to the human form divine|Love Mercy Pity Peace.
Men are admitted into heaven not because they have curbed or governed their passions, but because they have cultivate their understandings.
The forms of all things are derived from their genius.
He who binds himself to a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Lives in eternity’s sunrise.
A man can’t soar too high, when he flies with his own wings.
Where Mercy, Love, and Pity dwell There God is dwelling too.
- Coventry Patmore English Poet, Critic
- Percy Bysshe Shelley English Poet
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- John Gay English Poet, Dramatist
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Solon English Poet
- William Hogarth English Painter, Cartoonist
- John Dryden English Poet
- Geoffrey Chaucer English Poet, Philosopher
- Christina Rossetti English Poet