People with a culture of poverty suffer much less from repression than we of the middle class suffer and indeed, if I may make the suggestion with due qualification, they often have a hell of a lot more fun than we have.
Topics: Prejudice, Courage, Growth
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Butler Yeats Irish Poet
- Oscar Wilde Irish Poet, Playwright
- Sean O’Casey Irish Dramatist
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Cornelia Otis Skinner American Actress, Playwright
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright
- Seamus Heaney Irish Poet, Playwright
- Dorothy Parker American Humorist, Journalist
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer
- George Farquhar Irish Dramatist