No man has a right to do as he pleases, except when he pleases to do right.
Deny first-truths, and reasoning is void. If an opponent denies them, we can only add: “Be not as the horse and the mule, who have no understanding.”
The thoughtless tattling tongue often murders the peace, and blights the good name of others, as surely and wickedly as if inflamed by malice.
Public opinion, or public sentiment, is able to sustain, or to pull down any law of the commonwealth.
Sensible men show their sense by saying much in few words. — If noble actions are the substance of life, good sayings are its ornament and guide.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist
- Hamilton Wright Mabie American Essayist, Editor
- Philip Wylie American Dramatist
- Leo Buscaglia American Motivational Speaker
- Cicely Tyson American Actor
- Margaret Truman American Singer
- Charlie Munger American Investor, Philanthropist
- Thaddeus Golas American New Age Writer