A woman can be overdressed, never over-elegant.
I love luxury. And luxury lies not in richness and ornateness but in the absence of vulgarity. Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language. I stay in the game to fight it.
Topics: Absence, Luxury
Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics.
How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.
A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period. When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind, it is never the style that triumphs.
- William Morris British Artist, Author
- Jean-Paul Sartre French Philosopher
- Auguste Rodin French Sculptor
- Andre Gide French Novelist
- Pierre Beaumarchais French Inventor
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Anatole France French Novelist
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Marcel Proust French Novelist
- W. Somerset Maugham British Novelist