A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period. When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind, it is never the style that triumphs.
Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
I love luxury. And luxury lies not in richness and ornateness but in the absence of vulgarity. Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language. I stay in the game to fight it.
Topics: Luxury, Absence
Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
- William Morris English Textile Designer
- Anatole France French Novelist
- Marquis de Sade French Political leader
- Marcel Proust French Novelist
- W. Somerset Maugham French Playwright
- Charles Baudelaire French Poet
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Georges Bernanos French Author
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher