In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.
A woman can be overdressed, never over-elegant.
Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics.
Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.
A style does not go out of style as long as it adapts itself to its period. When there is an incompatibility between the style and a certain state of mind, it is never the style that triumphs.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
I love luxury. And luxury lies not in richness and ornateness but in the absence of vulgarity. Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language. I stay in the game to fight it.
Topics: Absence, Luxury
Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
- William Morris British Artist, Author
- Henri Bergson French Philosopher
- Georges Bernanos French Author
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Simone de Beauvoir French Philosopher
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Claude Monet French Painter
- Maurice Chevalier French Actor
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Jean-Paul Sartre French Philosopher