Who would deduce the dragonfly from the larva, the iris from the bud, the lawyer from the infant? We are all shape-shifters and magical reinventors. Life is really a plural noun, a caravan of selves.
Uncertainty is the essence of romance.
Words are small shapes in the gorgeous chaos of the world; shapes that bring the world into focus, corral ideas, hone thoughts. They paint watercolors of perception.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- e. e. cummings American Poet, Writer, Painter
- Nikki Giovanni American Poet, Writer
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Shel Silverstein American Children’s Books Writer
- Elizabeth Prentiss American Children’s Books Writer
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- James Whitcomb Riley American Children’s Books Writer
- May Sarton American Children’s Books Writer
- Phyllis McGinley American Children’s Books Writer
- Carl Sandburg American Poet, Historian