Be this his praise, if praise be needed, as a father he succeeded.
^Do Not Quit^
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit…
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit…
It’s when things go wrong that you mustn’t quit.
Topics: Determination, Difficulty, Obstacles
You ought to be true for the sake of the folks who think you are true. You never should stoop to a deed that your folks think you would not do. If you are false to yourself, be the blemish but small, you have injured your folks; you have been false to them all.
- Marge Piercy American Poet
- Theodore Roethke American Poet
- W. H. Auden British-born American Poet
- Walt Whitman American Poet
- Natalie Clifford Barney American Playwright
- John Jay Chapman American Biographer
- Nathaniel Parker Willis American Poet, Playwright
- Edgar Lee Masters American Poet
- Josiah Gilbert Holland American Novelist
- Edwin Markham American Poet