Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.
Sometimes the best gain is to lose.
By all means use sometimes to be alone. Salute thyself: see what thy soul doth wear. Dare to look in thy chest; for ‘Tis thine own: And tumble up and down what thou findst there. Who cannot rest till he good fellows find, he breaks up house, turns out of doors his mind.
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- Frances Ridley Havergal English Anglican Poet
- Richard Burton Welsh Actor
- Richard Chenevix Trench Irish Anglican Clergyman
- Richard Hooker English Anglican Priest
- Benjamin Whichcote British Anglican Priest
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist
- William Ralph Inge English Anglican Clergyman
- Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) British Anglican Author
- Sydney Smith English Anglican Writer