Every man is born with the faculty of reason and the faculty of speech, but why should he be able to speak before he has anything to say?
Fear is the denomination of the Old Testament; belief is the denomination of the New.
Modesty and humility are the sobriety of the mind, as temperance and chastity are of the body.
Joy is the life of man’s life.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Richard Hooker English Theologian, Political Theorist
- Desmond Tutu South African Clergyman
- Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) British Anglican Author
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest
- George Herbert Welsh Anglican Poet
- William Ralph Inge English Anglican Clergyman
- E. Stanley Jones American Methodist Priest
- Sydney Smith English Preacher
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist