Every man is born with the faculty of reason and the faculty of speech, but why should he be able to speak before he has anything to say?
Fear is the denomination of the Old Testament; belief is the denomination of the New.
Joy is the life of man’s life.
Modesty and humility are the sobriety of the mind, as temperance and chastity are of the body.
- Richard Hooker English Anglican Priest
- Desmond Tutu South African Clergyman
- Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) British Anglican Author
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest
- George Herbert Welsh Anglican Poet
- William Ralph Inge English Anglican Clergyman
- E. Stanley Jones American Methodist Priest
- Laurence Sterne Irish Anglican Novelist
- Sydney Smith English Anglican Writer