Her very frowns are fairer far
Than smiles of other maidens are.
Rage is essentially vulgar, and never more vulgar than when it proceeds from mortified pride, disappointed ambition, or thwarted willfulness.
The merry year is born Like the bright berry from the naked thorn.
- Mary Webb English Novelist
- Martin Farquhar Tupper English Poet
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat
- A. A. Milne English Children’s Books Writer
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- John Masefield English Poet
- Andrew Marvell English Metaphysical Poet
- Edmund Spenser English Poet
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- Philip James Bailey English Poet