I have learned as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to fonts of wisdom and knowledge.
Just as appetite comes from eating,
so work brings inspiration,
if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning.
Sins cannot be undone, only forgiven.
I am in the present. I cannot know what tomorrow will bring forth. I can know only what the truth is for me today. That is what I am called upon to serve.
To listen is an effort, and just to hear is no merit. A duck hears also.
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Musician
- Arthur Rubinstein Polish-born American Composer
- Jean Sibelius Finnish Composer
- Claude Debussy French Composer, Musician
- Frank Zappa American Composer
- John Cage American Composer, Philosopher
- Isaac Asimov Russian-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Gian Carlo Menotti Italian-born American Composer
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Hector Berlioz French Composer