I am in the present. I cannot know what tomorrow will bring forth. I can know only what the truth is for me today. That is what I am called upon to serve, and I serve it in all lucidity.
Just as appetite comes by eating, so work brings inspiration, if inspiration is not discernible at the beginning.
I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge.
Topics: Mistakes, Failure, Wisdom, Knowledge
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Musician
- Arthur Rubinstein Polish-born American Composer
- Jean Sibelius Finnish Composer
- Claude Debussy French Composer
- Frank Zappa American Composer
- John Cage American Composer
- Isaac Asimov Russian-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Gian Carlo Menotti Italian-born American Composer
- Ayn Rand Russian-born American Novelist
- Hector Berlioz French Composer