Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.
It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
Topics: Time Management, Time, The Present, Living
True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard. It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds — a handful of stars tossed into the night sky.
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.
- James Agee American Author
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Mignon McLaughlin American Journalist
- Sydney J. Harris American Journalist
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Dale Carnegie American Self-Help Author
- Washington Irving American Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- Norman Cousins American Journalist