It is difficult to live in the present, ridiculous to live in the future, and impossible to live in the past. Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.
Topics: Time Management, Time, The Present, Living
True love is night jasmine, a diamond in darkness, the heartbeat no cardiologist has ever heard. It is the most common of miracles, fashioned of fleecy clouds — a handful of stars tossed into the night sky.
Death is as casual-and often as unexpected-as birth. It is as difficult to define grief as joy. Each is finite. Each will fade.
Watching your daughter being collected by her date feels like handing over a million dollar Stradivarius to a gorilla.
- James Agee American Author
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- Mignon McLaughlin American Journalist
- Sydney J. Harris American Journalist
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- Dale Carnegie American Self-Help Author
- Washington Irving American Author
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- Shana Alexander American Journalist