When we can begin to take our failures non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.
Topics: Failure, Failures, Mistakes
There are in life as many aspects as attitudes towards it; and aspects change with attitudes… Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. Life would undergo a change of appearance because we ourselves had undergone a change in attitude.
Topics: Life, Positive Attitudes, Perception, Optimism, Attitude, Living
To learn, to desire, to know, to feel, to think, to act. That is what I want. And nothing less.
Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth.
Topics: Risk, Risk-taking, Truth, Courage
We can do whatever we wish to do provided our wish is strong enough. But the tremendous effort needed – one doesn’t always want to make it – does one? … But what else can be done? What’s the alternative? What do you want most to do? That’s what I have to keep asking myself, in the face of difficulties.
Topics: Goals, Resolve, Motivation, Perseverance, Dedication, Endurance, Commitment, Aspirations
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edmund Hillary New Zealand Explorer, Humanitarian
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- William H. Gass American Short Story Writer
- Damon Runyon American Short Story Writer
- Eudora Welty American Short Story Writer
- Andre Dubus American Short Story Writer
- V. S. Pritchett British Short Story Writer
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Orison Swett Marden American New Thought Writer
- Wallace Wattles American New Thought Author