We can do whatever we wish to do provided our wish is strong enough. But the tremendous effort needed – one doesn’t always want to make it – does one? … But what else can be done? What’s the alternative? What do you want most to do? That’s what I have to keep asking myself, in the face of difficulties.
Topics: Motivation, Goals, Commitment, Perseverance, Endurance, Aspirations, Dedication, Resolve
There are in life as many aspects as attitudes towards it; and aspects change with attitudes… Could we change our attitude, we should not only see life differently, but life itself would come to be different. Life would undergo a change of appearance because we ourselves had undergone a change in attitude.
Topics: Optimism, Attitude, Perception, Positive Attitudes, Life, Living
Looking back, I imagine I was always writing. Twaddle it was too. But better far write twaddle or anything, anything, than nothing at all.
- Edmund Hillary New Zealander Explorer
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Andre Dubus American Short Story Writer
- Damon Runyon American Short Story Writer
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- William H. Gass American Short Story Writer
- V. S. Pritchett British Short Story Writer
- Eudora Welty American Short Story Writer
- Orison Swett Marden American New Thought Writer
- Wallace Wattles American New Thought Author