We shall find peace. We shall hear angels. We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.
Silence accompanies the most significant expressions of happiness and unhappiness: those in love understand one another best when silent, while the most heated and impassioned speech at a graveside touches only outsiders, but seems cold and inconsequential to the widow and children of the deceased.
Reason and justice tell me there’s more love for humanity in electricity and steam than in chastity and vegetarianism.
- William H. Gass American Short Story Writer
- V. S. Pritchett British Short Story Writer
- Damon Runyon American Short Story Writer
- Eudora Welty American Short Story Writer
- Saki (Hector Hugh Munro) British Short Story Writer
- Andre Dubus American Short Story Writer
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist
- Katherine Mansfield British Author
- Leo Tolstoy Russian Novelist
- Catherine II of Russia Russian Empress