The religious superstition is encouraged by means of the institution of churches, processions, monuments, festivities….The so-called clergy stupefy the masses….They befog the people and keep them in an eternal condition of stupefaction
Man cannot possess anything as long as he fears death. But to him who does not fear it, everything belongs. If there was no suffering, man would not know his limits, would not know himself.
If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed.
There is only one time that is important — NOW!! It is the most important time because it is the only time that we have any power.
The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
A battle is won by him who is firmly resolved to win it.
Everyone thinks of changing the world,
but no one thinks of changing himself.
Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.
Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.
In historic events, the so-called great men are labels giving names to events, and like labels they have but the smallest connection with the event itself. Every act of theirs, which appears to them an act of their own will, is in an historical sense involuntary and is related to the whole course of history and predestined from eternity.
Topics: Greatness, Greatness & Great Things
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Maxim Gorky Russian Writer
- Vladimir Nabokov Russian-born American Novelist
- Anna Pavlova Russian Dancer
- Catherine II of Russia Russian Empress
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- Sophie Swetchine Russian Christian Mystic
- Constantin Stanislavski Russian Actor
- Nikita Khrushchev Russian Head of State