People in the States used to think that if girls were good at sports their sexuality would be affected. Being feminine meant being a cheerleader, not being an athlete. The image of women is changing now. You don’t have to be pretty for people to come and see you play. At the same time, if you’re a good athlete, it doesn’t mean you’re not a woman.
The moment of victory is much too short to live for that and nothing else.
The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst.
Do what you love and love what you do and everything else is detail.
- Billie Jean King American Sportsperson
- Jimmy Connors American Sportsperson
- Arthur Ashe American Tennis Player
- Madeleine Albright Czech-born American Diplomat
- Venus Williams American Tennis Player
- Bruce Jenner American Sportsperson
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar American Basketball Player
- Mario Andretti Italian-born American Sportsperson
- David Sarnoff American Broadcaster, Businessman
- Wayne Gretzky Canadian Sportsperson