The memories of long love gather like drifting snow, poignant as the mandarin ducks who float side by side in sleep.
Anything whatsoever may become the subject of a novel, provided only that it happens in this mundane life and not in some fairyland beyond our human ken.
People who have become so precious that they go out of their way to try and be sensitive in the most unpromising situations, trying to capture every moment of interest, are bound to look ridiculous and superficial.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anthony Powell English Novelist
- C. S. Lewis Irish-born Author, Scholar
- Nikolai Gogol Russian Novelist, Dramatist
- Haruki Murakami Japanese Novelist
- Yasunari Kawabata Japanese Novelist, Short Story Writer
- Tanizaki Jun’ichiro Japanese Novelist
- Karen Blixen (Isak Dinesen) Danish Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Etty Hillesum Dutch Diarist
- James Boswell Scottish Biographer, Diarist
- William Blake English Poet