Every child is born an artist. The trick is to remain an artist.
We don’t grow older, we grow riper.
I am always doing things I can’t do, that’s how I get to do them.
Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.
When I was a child, my mother said to me,
If you become a soldier you’ll be a general.
If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.
Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
but it has to find us working.
One must act in painting as in life, directly.
Good taste is the enemy of creativity.
I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it.
If there were only one truth, you couldn’t paint a hundred canvases on the same theme.
- Georges Braque French Painter, Artist
- Miguel de Unamuno Spanish Essayist
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- Grandma Moses American Painter
- Claude Monet French Painter
- Bahya ibn Paquda Spanish Jewish Philosopher
- George Santayana Spanish Philosopher
- Jacinto Benavente Spanish Dramatists
- Miguel de Cervantes Spanish Novelist