Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
but it has to find us working.
I am always doing that which I can not do,
in order that I may learn how to do it.
If there were only one truth, you couldn’t paint a hundred canvases on the same theme.
I am always doing things I can’t do, that’s how I get to do them.
Every child is born an artist. The trick is to remain an artist.
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
We don’t grow older, we grow riper.
Success is dangerous. One begins to copy oneself, and to copy oneself is more dangerous than to copy others. It leads to sterility.
Good taste is the enemy of creativity.
When I was a child, my mother said to me,
If you become a soldier you’ll be a general.
If you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.
Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
One must act in painting as in life, directly.
- Georges Braque French Painter, Artist
- Miguel de Unamuno Spanish Essayist
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- Grandma Moses American Painter
- Claude Monet French Painter
- Bahya ibn Paquda Spanish Jewish Philosopher
- George Santayana Spanish Philosopher
- Jacinto Benavente Spanish Dramatists
- Miguel de Cervantes Spanish Novelist