Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one’s self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.
Topics: Self-Discovery, Confidence, Promises, Assurance
Patience is eternal genius.
In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action.
I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.
Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
Criticize by creating.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter, Etcher
- Pablo Picasso Spanish Painter
- Georges Braque French Painter
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Luciano Pavarotti Italian Musician
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Galileo Galilei Italian Astronomer
- Sophia Loren Italian Actor
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker