Angry men are blind and foolish, for reason at such a time takes flight and, in her absence, wrath plunders all the riches of the intellect, while the judgment remains the prisoner of its own pride.
A high heart ought to bear calamities and not flee them, since in bearing them appears the grandeur of the mind and in fleeing them the cowardice of the heart.
Topics: Endurance, Perseverance, Resolve
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Luigi Pirandello Italian Dramatist, Novelist
- Vittorio Alfieri Italian Dramatist
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Giacomo Leopardi Italian Poet, Essayist
- Dante Alighieri Italian Political leader
- Metastasio Italian Poet, Librettist
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- Antonio Porchia Italian Poet