The supreme paradox of all thought is the attempt to discover something that thought cannot think.
To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily.
To not dare is to lose oneself.
Life is not a problem to be solved
But a reality to be experienced.
Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer German Lutheran Pastor
- Karl Barth Swiss Reformed Theologian
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist
- Martin Buber
- Reinhold Niebuhr American Protestant Theologian
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Francis Schaeffer American Presbyterian Leader
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist