Life can only be understood backwards;
but it must be lived forwards.
The supreme paradox of all thought is the attempt to discover something that thought cannot think.
Life is not a problem to be solved
But a reality to be experienced.
To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily.
To not dare is to lose oneself.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer German Lutheran Pastor
- Karl Barth Swiss Reformed Theologian
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist
- Martin Buber
- Reinhold Niebuhr American Protestant Theologian
- Masanobu Fukuoka Japanese Buddhist Polymath
- Francis Schaeffer American Presbyterian Leader
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist