Those who seek freedom, will they seek anything else at all?! Those who desire the nectar of the heaven, will they hanker after country liquor?
In ancient times, do you think that there was not the ignorant, and the shallow minded? And why after all should you embrace so fondly a carcass of dead thoughts. Live in the present and shape the future, do not be casting lingering looks to the distant past for the past has passed away, never again to return.
You with strength less shoulders,
a shrunken chest and a lifeless countenance!
You with sparkle less eyes, volume less voice,
fear-stricken heart who desire lowliness! Go! Go! Go.
Fools! Do you argue, that things ancient ought, on that account, to be true and noble! Fallacies and Falsehoods there were from time immemorial, and dare you argue that because these are ancient these should prevail?
Those who are wealthy, give sacks of gold.
Those who do not have much, give small coins.
Those who do not have even that, express your
good wishes. Those who are manly, lend your effort.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Bayard Taylor American Poet
- Mohandas K. Gandhi Indian Hindu Political leader
- Paramahansa Yogananda Indian Hindu Mystic
- Alexander Pope English Poet
- John Dryden English Poet
- Charles Baudelaire French Poet
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning English Poet
- Dorothy L. Sayers British Novelist
- John Ciardi American Poet
- Christopher Marlowe English Playwright