Coaches who can outline plays on a blackboard are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate.
If winning isn’t everything then why do they keep score?
Failure is not getting knocked down,|It’s refusing to get up.
Winners make it happen – losers let it happen.|Winners make choices – losers take chances.|Winners never quit and quitters never win.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
Topics: Success & Failure, Determination
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.
Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.
Topics: Accomplishment, Leadership
It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you’ve got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not yet a winner.
It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.
It is time for us all to cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it.
- Vince Lombardi, Jr.
- Tom Landry American Sportsperson
- Joe Paterno American Sportsperson
- Mike Ditka American Sportsperson
- Woody Hayes American Sportsperson
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Mario Andretti Italian-born American Sportsperson
- Michael Jordan American Sportsperson
- Babe Ruth American Sportsperson
- Martina Navratilova Czech-born American Sportsperson