For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands.
Topics: Family, Weather, Friendship
Can anything be sadder than work unfinished? Yes; work never begun.
For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning English Poet
- Frances Ridley Havergal English Anglican Poet
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon English Poet, Novelist
- Anne Bradstreet English Poet
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- William Wordsworth English Poet
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Robert Browning English Poet
- Algernon Charles Swinburne English Poet