O father! not my will, but thine be done; be this our charm, mellowing earth’s griefs and joys, that we may cling forever to thy heart, in perfect rest.
When you find yourself overpowered, as it were, by melancholy, the best way is to go out and do something.
We cannot pass our guardian angel’s bounds, resigned or sullen, he will hear our sighs.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Philip Doddridge English Nonconformist Religious Leader
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Pope John XXIII Italian Catholic Religious Leader
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche Tibetan Buddhist Teacher
- Yogaswami of Jaffna Sri Lankan Hindu Religious Leader
- Harold Kushner American Jewish Religious Leader