When you find yourself overpowered, as it were, by melancholy, the best way is to go out and do something.
O father! not my will, but thine be done; be this our charm, mellowing earth’s griefs and joys, that we may cling forever to thy heart, in perfect rest.
We cannot pass our guardian angel’s bounds, resigned or sullen, he will hear our sighs.
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Philip Doddridge English Nonconformist Religious Leader
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader
- Martin Luther German Protestant Theologian
- Pope John XXIII Italian Catholic Religious Leader
- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Neal A. Maxwell American Mormon Religious Leader
- Mary Baker Eddy American Christian Science Religious Leader
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura Indian Hindu Religious Leader