Live while you live, the epicure would say, and seize the pleasures of the present day; Live while you live, the sacred preacher cries, and give to God each moment as it flies. Lord, in my view, let both united be; I live in pleasure when I live to thee.
Topics: Time Management
He is the wisest and happiest man, who, by constant attention of thought discovers the greatest opportunity of doing good, and breaks through every opposition that he may improve these opportunities.
Awake, my soul! stretch every nerve, And press with vigour on; A heavenly race demands thy zeal, And an immortal crown.
- John Keble English Religious Leader
- Johann Jacob Zimmermann German Nonconformist Theologian
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- Isaac Watts English Hymn writer
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Francis Drake English Military Leader
- William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley English Political leader
- Frances Ridley Havergal English Anglican Poet
- James Montgomery English Hymn writer