Only by the good influence of our conduct may we bring salvation in human affairs; or like a fatal comet we may bring destruction in our train.
When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
- Corrie Ten Boom Dutch Jewish Humanist
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest, Writer
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Baruch Spinoza Dutch Philosopher
- Blaise Pascal French Catholic Mathematician
- Pope John Paul II Polish Catholic Religious Leader
- Aldous Huxley English Humanist
- Vincent van Gogh Dutch Painter
- Etty Hillesum Dutch Diarist, Holocaust Victim
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader