What difference is there, do you think, between those in Plato’s cave who can only marvel at the shadows and images of various objects, provided they are content and don’t know what they miss, and the philosopher who has emerged from the cave and sees the real things?
Only by the good influence of our conduct may we bring salvation in human affairs; or like a fatal comet we may bring destruction in our train.
- Corrie Ten Boom Dutch Jewish Humanist
- Henri Nouwen Dutch Catholic Priest
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Baruch Spinoza Dutch Philosopher
- Pope John Paul II Polish Catholic Religious Leader
- Blaise Pascal French Catholic Mathematician
- Aldous Huxley English Humanist
- Vincent van Gogh Dutch Painter
- Etty Hillesum Dutch Diarist
- Bernard of Clairvaux French Catholic Religious Leader